Friday, March 20, 2009

Hot Tips




Greetings Gossip Lover,

No my friends, G Lady isn’t going Craig’s List on you. And don’t expect me to post items for sale on the blog again. But LOOK. I found this at Fair Tide Thrift Store in Kittery today, March 20.

I know, it resembles a cute little cartoon alien doesn't it? But it's not. It’s a hammered dulcimer built locally by York’s Steve Wagoner and Jenn Lynch, the former a fine carpenter and MD, the latter a well-known local hammered dulcimer and drummer. At a thrift store!

Didn’t buy it. Don’t play. So it's still there. For $75! Kowabunga! Hustle my friends, hustle. (Sorry checked back in, it's sold).

Before I leave, did you check out the latest G Lady video? It’s an interview with Bob Lord, Dreadnaught’s headman. Lord’s got a lot going on as a producer, solo musician and with the band. One of the group’s gigs is as house band for the Music Hall’s “Writers on a New England Stage.”

Because of that Bob has WONDERFUL stories about Dan Brown, (local boy - who G Lady gives a shout out to), Alan Alda, Madeleine Albright and more. Definitely check this one out. Most entertaining if I do say so myself – and I do.

I have to say I think Bob is one of the nicest people I've ever sat down with. Wicked nice, and talented. I think it comes across. - Am I right?

It's the weekend folks - rev those engines. Lots to do. Lots to do.

Yours in the love of life’s little surprises.
Gossip Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment