Sunday, May 17, 2009

Kudos for the Homeboy



Greetings Gossip Lovers,

Well alas G Lady was unable to attend Dan Brown's private screening of "Angels and
Demons" at the Music Hall this weekend. Had the red hat for the carpet ready, but just couldn't fit it in.

BUT - and this is
why we refer to her as the intrepid DC; G Lady's stupendous videographer, was there, on the red carpet, snapping pics for the blog and the home-pod Portsmouth Herald, along with Gina Carbone, pop reporter + movie reviewer, who put together a super story.

There is a spectacular video by "the intrepid you-know-who" on the Herald site as well.

If you got a peek at the place, ( of course I went down for an early peek), than you know a mini, tasteful forest was create as a barrier around Chestnut St. to give the illusion of privacy. There were angels and gargoyles posted at the entrance as well.

Because I was unable to stay, I pointed the pen and pad
at my pal DC and told her to spill the beans. Here's what my buddy had to report.

When asked what other notables were in the crowd, DC said "Gina Carbone." True enough folks, true enough.

How was the man of the hour? "He was great, very personable and charming."
And the crowd? "Huge. The red carpet will need to be cleaned." Did DC feel a tad star struck? "Yeah, but not as much as when I see Gossip Lady." (Yes folks G Lady is blushing; but she loves it).

Was DC impressed by anything in particular? "By the head point guy, Tim - I think that was his name. He followed through on what he said he would do and that was to bring to bring Brown over when he arrived. ... The landscaping was amazing. They brought in all these shrubs and statues. It looked great."

And a few more notes from DC: "Dan arrived early and I'm really glad that I did the same. That would have really sucked if I would have missed him. ... I wish you were standing next to me Gossip Lady, to press his flesh with your white gloves. He would have loved you!" Well DC, wish I was there too. But duty called.

But absent as I was I still have a few words on the affair - as I'm sure you expect. And
that is: Dan Brown You Rock! Folks he could have had his event anywhere. But he kept it real and on the coast. Dan you ARE the man and bigger than the books you write - which of course is saying a lot. You deserve and get one of G. Lady's Gold Stars buddy.

Yours in knowing where you come from
& in the arts.
Gossip Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment